We as human beings have evolved a lot.
From being a species that primarily depened upon it's physical aspects, we have shifted towards being a species of high dependability on our mind.
We are a species of intelligence and it is for that reason we have been able to perceive, adapt and evolve to such great extent that none of the other living beings have been able to.
The downside this brings is that we have created a world which has an infinite amount of information and is run by these information.
With the rise of the internet and the way we have evolved our process or work to bring about the availability of our most important basic needs, humans rely on brain power more than ever.
So it's only right that we shift our focus on taking care of not just our physical body but our mind as well.
Mental stress has become an integral part of our lifestyles and in order to be able to operate at an optimal level, we need to adress these stress.
Let's talk about a few ways we can do so.
- Accept that stress or anxiety is inevitable. We need them to be very honest because without the urgency to do something, chances are we wont. And hence we wont accomplish feats that make us feel alive and define who we are. Learn to accept stress.
However, the key is to better manage the stress and not let it consume you. When you shift your mindset towards managing the stress and not trying to eliminate it, you'll be able to deal with it better.
- Learn to take a step back and observe yourself. Observe how you act physically unders stress and sometimes you'll realize that the stress isn't even real, or you cannot pin point what's causing you to stress. Also physical observation of yourse;f is the key. People tense up their bodies under stress.
Relax, breather deeply through your belly instead of your chest and you will instantly feel better.
- You need to move your body. We humans have evolved from being predators and preys. For centuries we have spent our lives either hunting for food, chasing our food or trying to save ourselves from other predators. With a stationery life, we seldom get to keep ourselves conditioned as we are supposed to. Hence, exercise! It's one of the best things you can do for your body.
- Keep your body hydrated. Our body needs water to survive and more water to keep ourselves running optimal. Warm liquids such as tea or lemon water can help you even more by relaxing yourself.
- Write down your thoughts. Experts claim that a human has an average of around 50,000 thoughts per day. That's a lot of information being created in our mind. It is impossible to write everything down however not all these thoughts are important. Out of the many thoughts we get, some are actually important and we have this subconscious fear of losing those thoughts which adds to our stress. Hence, writing can be beneficial for you
- Take a social media detox. Information is wonderful but information overload can cause unnecessary stress in your processing system. Also the habit of comparing your lives with what you see on social media can be detrimental to your mental health. So take time off for a coupe days once every month or so.
- And finally learn to manage time. We want to be in total control and not having a clear sense of control affects your mind. Plan your days or weeks. Also schedule some free time for yourself. You'll feel better.
I hope these tips help you have a better mental health!